What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a Pin Board style Social Photo and Video Sharing site launched in 2009 by Cold Brew Labs Inc. Pinterest is the “Fastest growing Social Networking Service in the World.” Pinterest allows users to create and manage image collections according to related theme. It allows users to browse other’s Pin Boards for Re-Pin for their collections and Likes photos. You can also share Pins on Facebook and Twitter.
Pinterest is the Fastest Growing Social Networking Service in the World.
Is Pinterest Important for your Business?
Pinterest is growing very fast, daily unique visitors of Pinterest is nearly 1.5 million and spending an around 15 minutes a day on the website. In January 2012, Pinterest drive greater traffic to websites than combined Google Plus, Youtube, LinkedIn and Reddit traffic. So, Pinterest offers opportunity to Businesses and Internet Marketers to grow their business. So, I am trying to post some Pinterest marketing tips to improve your business.
Pinterest Marketing Tips and Tricks
- Register at Pinterest and create a username, you can use business name as your username.
- At the time of setting up your Pinterest account, add a paragraph about you, add your business name on your profile and your business description and keyword-rich text in your About Description. Add your website or blog URL in your profile.
- After creating a Pinterest account, you can create online Boards on different topics related to your business and then you can add videos and images to your Boards by pinning them. Name your pin boards according to your services and products. Be creative to name your pin board. You need to keep your board names interesting but short. When you will pin something in board they will get shared.
- Connect your Pinterest account to your other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to get most visibility for your pins; it will help you to gain your followers. Don’t forget to integrate your Pinterest account with Facebook’s timeline; this is very powerful featuring which able to post your content on both the side at same time.
- Follow other Pinterest users with related theme and in your local area.
- Put a Pinterest follow button on your website so that visitor of your website can follow you or your business on Pinterest easily. You can find HTML code at Pinterest Goodies.
- Pin lots of quality images and videos on your board. Infographics are the highly popular content these days. People likes Infographics, so develop some Infographics related to your business and Pin it on Pinterest.
- You can tag other Pinterest user in your pins it will help to grow your network, you can use @username to tag.
- “Like” and comments on other user’s pins. It will help to grow your network and increase comments on your pins. Keep attention on trends. You can click on the “Popular” link on home page of your Pinterest.
- Not just pin your own unique stuffs as well as repin other’s pin, it will help to increase your follower.
- You can pin interesting and informative videos on Pinterest. You can share videos from youtube and other videos sharing websites easily. You can create your own videos to share on Pinterest.
- Always write an informative description at the time of Pin an image. This description will use when other people will Re-pin it. You can use your business name in the description for branding of your business.
- If you want to publish an image on your website or blog posts you can use embed option to publish it. Always use images or videos in your blog post, so that readers can share your blog post. If you are not adding any image or videos in your blog post, no one can Pin it on Pinterest.
- You can use Pinterest iPhone app if you have iPhone. You can pin images from iPhone camera, you can also add location to these pin so that other people can find your images easily.
- You can watermark the images with your business name or you can add text on these images.
- You can also create seasonal or holiday board which is related to your business or brand and Pin images on these board, like New Year’s, Christmas, Resolutions, etc.
- Choose keywords accordingly your business and add in image’s description so that other people can find your images at time of searching.
- If you want to see who is pinning your images videos, you can find it on this url http://pinterest.com/source/yoursite just replace “yoursite” with your website url.
- You can add your price on your pins, if you want your own Pinterest shop. Just add $ or £ symbol followed by item’s price in your image’s description. If you add prices to your Pin, these pins will be featured in Pinterest’s Gift section.
- You can create a special board for your company’s team members where you can add your employee’s photo with bio. You can add photo of special moment in your company.
- Add latest news and new best things in your niche. You can get the trust of your followers if you will provide the best news from trusted sources.
- Analysis when you are getting most Repins, comments and likes, analysis your referral traffic stats to your website. You can use this data for maximize the traffic and engagement.
- If you host and participate in any events like webinars or other classes you use the material and pictures and videos of events.
- You can use Pinterest Board for case studies; Turn your text case studies into beautiful and interesting pictures or videos people will like it.
- You can run a Pinterest contest for your reader. Invite your readers to Pin links and images from your blog post or website and inspire them. You can offer a prize for it. You can create a board for discounts coupons and update regular discounts information about your business on it.
Pinterest Tools and Apps
You can find Pinterest Tools Apps at Pinterest Goodies for Pinterest marketing. Pin It Button for Web Browser, Pinterest Apps for iPhone, Follow Button for Websites or Blogs and Pin It Button for Websites or Blogs are available here Pinterest.com/About/Goodies/. If you are using Google Chrome you install Pinterest Chrome Extention. For WordPress blogger you can add Pinterest WordPress Plugin for your blog.
So, Pinterest is not a just beautiful Pin Board website it has became a powerful tool of traffic for blogs and website. Pinterest is now become an important part of content marketing plan. So, I think these Pinterest marketing tips will help you, include Pinterest in your social media strategy and task more beautiful and interesting.